The pitfalls of winterHow to free your car of snow
Especially for drivers, winter may be full of pitfalls and treacherous situations. Here you may find are a few helpful tips on how to get situations of snow and ice under control.
If your vehicle is stuck in snow, this is the recommended way of proceeding
- Check the tailpipe before starting the engine. A snow-covered tailpipe may lead to the presence of fatal gases in the interior of the car.
- Place the foot mats in front of the stuck tires. This produces better traction. Removing a little bit of air from your tires has, by the way, the same effect.
- Position your tires in a straight position, as far as this is possible. This makes the driving much easier.
- Allow the brakes to slip. When using the brakes slightly, turning will be decreased and power will be transferred to the other tire, allowing both tires to work harder.
- Attention! Avoid excessive turning of the tires. In high speed, not only will the tires overheat, they will also dig an even a bigger hole.